Wednesday, August 22, 2007

B.L.B.


So, I am talking with a good friend of mine Doug the other day about how my vacation plans were all screwed up and I had to postpone my vacation to California. So, as a pity present to myself, I told him I was going to buy a bluetooth headset for my RAZR phone. There was a bit of silence, then he hits me with, "Man, brothas love bluetooth!" I was like, what are you talking about?? I told him he was full of crap and we kind of jumped off the subject and finished the call. I went to the store to find one, but didn't like what they had. The next day I went to Best Buy after some research online and purchased the one you see to the left.
What I didn't realize is that entire day I started paying attention to who I noticed with bluetooth headsets. I kid you not, out of the 40 plus people I saw with bluetooth headsets, 33 of them were brothas! Wait, could Doug have something? Is it in our genes to have bluetooth headsets? Why did so many of us have them? Now granted, this was no official poll or scientific experiment, just me counting the people I saw and making a note of it. So, as I setup my headset and put it on, I started wondering why did I purchase the headset. I can tell you now one of the main reasons is that I am a gadget geek, like most are. Have some cool new toy to play with is very exciting. Do I really need the headset? Heck no, but I wanted it. Could it be it gives me some sort of status in the world of cellular phones and accessories? Maybe, but that's probably all in my head. I am thinking the reason I have it is because I just can. LOL! Does that make sense? Nope, but neither do many things in this world.
So, if you see my walking down the street talking to myself, don't fret or thing I am crazy. It's just me enjoying the wonderful gift that I purchased for myself and my ego, my lovely bluetooth headset!

No comments: