Monday, July 9, 2007

Say what you mean...mean what you say!


Boy, I am on a roll this week. Got alot of stuff on my mind. Today's blog is going to center around political correctness. I can't stand it! This country has become too PC and it's really starting to drive me nuts. People are scared to say what is really on their minds in order not to offend someone. Fuck that noise! Say what you mean, mean what you say. You can't make everyone happy and if you are trying, you will fail. Case in point, I was at a club this past weekend with some friends and struck up a conversation with a very attractive looking female. She happened to have a friend with her that in my opinion, was not that attractive, but she was nice. So the attractive friend and I are talking and during our conversation I find out that she has a boyfriend, good for her. No harm, no foul on my end. She then proceeds to try to set me up with her friend and I kindly say that I am not interested. She asks me why with a how dare I not want to talk to her friend attitude, to which I reply, I don't think she's attractive. No sooner did I finish saying that, this girl starts getting all hissy with me and telling me I don't look that good, blah blah blah. First of all, I have never and will never go around thinking I am the best looking person out there, I am far from that..but I think I am decent enough to were I can make a statement like I did about her friend. So, she asks me why I just came out and said that...I told her, why lie? Why beat around the bush? Tell the truth, it will save you a bunch of drama in the long run.
So then she hit me with the, beauty is measured by the person inside not outside crap. What's that saying, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but ugly goes straight to the bone?? More PC bullshit.
That's my point, don't sugarcoat anything, but don't be overly mean either. People get offended if you call someone retarded, that's the word that I grew up on, it wasn't meant to be cruel, just a fact. Now they are mentally challenged. All I know is that the "mentally retarded" kids went to a different classroom and got out early, just in case. Don't call me black anymore, call me African-American. What the fuck does that mean? I am African, hm, the last time I checked my roots go no further than Maryland and don't give me that go to Africa and find your roots shit. I'll be damned if I am gonna fly on a plane for 14 hours or whatever just to find out that my great times 10 grandfather was a tribal leader, wow, that's nice but it isn't helping me here. If some of us black folk went to Africa, we'd be back on the plane in a minute. As soon as we found out they don't have any KFCs or kool-aid over there, we'd be homesick. Plus,that's a long flight you guys. Imagine the slaves on the boats coming to American. That boat ride was so long, I think there are still slaves on ships on there way to America right now!
People are too afraid of someone not liking them, wanting to appease everyone. Screw that, I live for just the opposite. I say what is on my mind, whether you like it or not. Whether you will be my friend or not, I dont' care. Can't call someone dumb, they are educationally challenged, no, you're dumb. Nope, he isn't a dirty person, he is just hygiene challenged. Whatever happened to people just being filthy or crazy or just plain stupid? Can we go back to the old days when I was growing up. Stop trying to kiss everyone's butt and take a stand.....
you may like yourself more when you do. :)
Pardon my rambling, it probably doesn't make any sense! LOL!

2 comments:

Mz. Sweet Thang said...

This makes perfect sense to me... I totally agree.. Say what you mean and dammit.. MEAN WTF YOU SAY!!! Why the hell do we have to be so damn sensitive with people... especially if we don’t even know them??? Respect is great but FUCK UM IF THEY CAN'T CAN TAKE THE TRUTH!!!! Good blog!!!!

Anonymous said...

I agree with everything you say! Peace,
Your Irish-Danish-American Friend, Susan

:-)